The Communications Directory Certification course provides a comprehensive review of the Health Commerce System Communications Directory, the underlying records that make up the directory, and the tools all HCS users can use to access the directory.
This 1.5 hour course will begin by examining the structure of the directory and differentiating between the actual contact information records stored for each person in the directory, and the facilities and roles those records can be associated with. Once the structure of the directory has been examined, learners will review and have an opportunity to practice with the applications used to access the information stored in the directory. At the conclusion of this course learners will be able to:
- List the components of the Communications Directory
- Summarize how the components are related and work together
- Summarize the HCS emergency call down procedure, describing the role the Communications Directory plays
- Identify the all-user Communications Directory tools
- Determine which Communications Directory tool is appropriate for completing a given communications task
- Create and implement a plan to ensure that emergency communications will be received by the intended recipients within a reasonable amount of time.